COACHING WITH THE EMOTIONAL BRAIN
The “Wind and Leaves” audio program is part of the LIMBIC COACHING Brief Coaching approach.
Instruction for Self-Coaching with Track 1 – Wind and Leaves
I. Decrease Stress
- Identify the stress you want to decrease – something that just happened in your professional or personal life, something that’s coming up, or something that generally gives you a bad feeling when thinking of it.
- Now check for yourself: In what area of your body is this stress manifesting? Stress often manifests in the form of tension or pressure in shoulders, chest, stomach, hands or other areas.
- Rate the level of stress you’re currently experiencing when thinking of that issue and feeling that stress manifesting in your body on a scale from 1-10 (10 meaning that the issue has been solved completely, 1 the opposite).
- Start listening to the Wind and Leaves track and continue for 2 to 20 minutes. At the beginning, focus on the issue and the area where the stress is manifesting in your body. Be open for surprises how the way you relate to things might change.
- Check again how the area in your body where the stress manifested before is feeling now.
II. Increase resources
- Identify a resourceful state you want to intensify. This can be a memory of something that went very well in your professional or personal life – or the way you want to be feeling when things go the way you want them to.
- Check where in your body and how exactly that pleasant memory is manifesting. This can be a slight tingling in your chest or arms, a particular posture, a way of breathing.
- Focus on this emotional state and the way it’s manifesting in your body and start listening to the Wind and Leaves track and continue for 2 to 20 minutes until it feels just right.
Please use stereo headphones and don’t listen to this program while driving or operating machinery.